A Few Notes Regarding WGDS Retriever Field Trials
Please Note: Before entering any Stake all entrants are required to be fully conversant with, and
agree to follow, both the Kennel Club Code of Conduct and Kennel Club ‘J’ Regulations
and their amendments, along with the Societies own Conditions of Entry
Copies of which can be found and downloaded from the WGDS website
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The Trial will be run under KC guide lines, acceptance of a run will mean you have read and
2. Dogs entered at Kennel Club Limited Licensed Field Trials must be registered at the Kennel
Club in accordance with Kennel Club Regulations for Classification and Registration B.
2a. The Society reserves to itself the right to refuse any entry.
3. Should a dog be drawn to run in a Stake and then withdraw for any reason the Owner may
run a substitute dog in its place provided;
(A) The substitute dog has gained a qualification for the equivalent preference in the draw
AT THE DATE OF THE DRAW;
(B) Details of substitute dog(s) MUST be included in the Entry Form for that Stake and MUST be clearly marked as Substitute.
4. All dogs resident outside the UK must be issued with a Kennel Club Authority to Compete
number before entry to the trial can be made. All overseas entries without an Authority to
Compete number will be returned to the competitor.
4a. If entries or nominations exceed the number of permitted runners, the right to compete in a Trial shall be decided by ballot.
5. Should circumstances so dictate, the Society, in consultation with the judges, may alter
arrangements as necessary. Such changes and the circumstances surrounding them will be
reported to the Kennel Club.
6. No modification may be made to the schedule after publication except by permission of the
Kennel Club, followed by advertisement in appropriate journals if time permits before the
closing of entries.
6a. Judges at a Trial are prohibited from entering a dog which is recorded in their ownership or
6b. Videography and photography will only be permitted with the express permission of the
Chief Steward and the host.
6c. Welfare of Dogs i. A competitor whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should
take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met, and should not
knowingly put their dogs’ health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or
otherwise. A breach of this Regulation may be referred to the General Committee for
disciplinary action under Kennel Club Rules and Regulations.
7. DOGS IN CARS ON HOT DAYS Your dog is vulnerable and AT RISK if left in a vehicle in hot
temperatures and even on days considered as slightly warm. Please take care of your dog.
8. If your dog is found to be at risk forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without
liability for any damage caused.
9. Entries may be made by post or on-line. Entries made by email, telephone or facsimile will
NOT be accepted. Late entries will not be accepted.
9a. Separate entry forms are required for each dog entered, except in the case of substitute
dogs (see point 3 above). Incomplete or illegible Entry Forms may be excluded from the
draw if not corrected and resubmitted prior to the draw taking place.
9b. Pay on the day prior to the start of the trial. NO PAYMENT, NO ARMBAND!
10. The non-refundable £3.00 administration fee must be received by the date of the draw in
order for entries to be included in the draw.
11. A stamped addressed envelope or email address should be provided if notification of the
draw is required, otherwise the draw will be emailed by the FTMS.
12. Perpetual Trophies are to be retained for a period of one year, or until the corresponding
Stake in the season following the award. Perpetual Trophies are the responsibility of those
Members to whom they are awarded until the safe return to the appropriate Field Trial
Secretary. Additionally, it is the responsibility of Members awarded any Society Trophy to
complete any engraving that may be required.
13. Bitches in season and non-competing dogs will not be allowed on the grounds of the Trial
except for those designated for picking up.
14. All Competitors, Stewards and other persons attending a Trial should be appropriately
dressed and should consider themselves to be under the direction of the Chief Steward and
officials of the society.
15. Prior approval by the Field Trial Secretary is required for spectators to attend an of the
society’s Field Trials.
16. The Worcestershire Gundog Society cannot accept responsibility for injury, loss or damage
to persons, dogs or property however caused.
17. Where a dog is jointly owned, all owners must be members.